Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Roman Holiday Wardrobe




From 9th to 11th grade my school requires you to wear a uniform. However, senior year we are allowed to wear whatever we want within a dress code that does not allow jeans, sweatpants, or flip flops. Everything else is fair game. When seniors go away for senior projects in the spring, the junior class is allowed to begin to wear the senior dress code. Let me say I have been looking forward to this since last year and have been planning since this past summer. My senior wardrobe will consist of what I like to call "secretary Basics. This was sparked not only by a feature in a spring issue of Nylon titled "Coffee, Tea, or Me?" but also by a beautiful movie called Roman Holiday. The movie stars the ever stylish Audrey Hepburn as a runaway princess who despite her first pixie cut and street vendor gladiator sandals, cannot shake the regal poise behind her adorable gamine looks. Aside from rocking the gladiators, her main outfit during the movie consists of a cuffed button up shirt, neckerchief, wide belt, and full skirt. Providing the wide belt and button up, and gladiators, here are some of the full skirts I have been coveting all month long.



I simply love the watercolor print of this skirt. I also like that it is short. I don't believe anyone under 18 should have to wear a skirt that goes past her knees. Youth should be celebrated. Ecote Watercolor Silk Skirt - Urban Outfitters- $58


This skirt has tulle underneath it. 'Nuff said. Forget-Me-Not Skirt - ModCloth- $40

Where do I begin on this skirt. It is amazing no matter how you look at it. The top is indeed unique and it is time I saw a reason for why the skinny belt should exist. Bonus: It has pockets! Marc by Marc- Shopbop-$248

This skirt also has pockets but it is much simpler. Sometimes simple is good, no? I love the pin tucks and the rich color. The belt loops add practicality and help you pull off the high waisted look. Silence & Noise Pleated Skirt with Pockets - Urban Outfitters- $58

This pattern is amazing and the ribbons seal the deal! This skirt is also really soft. A new summer staple. Ecote Massi Skirt - Urban Outfitters- $54


1 comment:

  1. i just ordered the watercolor skirt and the teal skirt!!! i love your blog, its fantastic!

    XOXO
    Kaitlyn
    http://drrtylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I promise to return the favor!

avec <3,
Bonnie Klyde